Tuberculosis Guidelines and Recommendations: Links to Resources
This page has been automatically translated from English. MSDH has not reviewed this translation and is not responsible for any inaccuracies.
Guidelines and Recommendations
- Controlling Tuberculosis in the United States: Recommendations from the American Thoracic Society, CDC, and Infectious Diseases Society of America. PDF
Comprehensive discussion of practical approaches to controlling TB in the United States.
- Diagnostic Standards and Classification of TB in Adults and Children PDF
Official statement of the American Thoracic Society and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention of Nontuberculous Mycobacterial Diseases (2007)
An official statement from the American Thoracic Society and the Infectious Diseases Society of America.:
- Guidelines for Environmental Infection Control in Health-Care Facilities, 2003 PDF
From CDC, MMWR, June 6, 2003, 52(RR10); 1-42.
- Guidelines for Preventing the Transmission of Mycobacterium Tuberculosis in Health-Care Facilities, 2005
From CDC, MMWR, December 30, 2005, 54(RR17);1-141.
- Guidelines for the Investigation of Contacts of Persons with Infectious Tuberculosis PDF
- Hepatotoxicity of Antituberculosis Therapy (2006)
An official statement from the American Thoracic Society.
- Recommendations for the Use of the 12-week Isoniazid and Rifapentine Regimen for the Treatment of Latent Tuberculosis Infection PDF
Minnesota Department of Health recommendations and special considerations for the use, administration, and patient monitoring for the 12-week LTBI treatment regimen.
- Prevention and Control of Tuberculosis in Correctional and Detention Facilities: Recommendations from CDC PDF
MMWR, July 7, 2006, 55(RR-9); 1-54.
- Targeted TB Testing and Treatment of Latent Tuberculosis Infection PDF
National guidelines for health care providers.
- Treatment of Tuberculosis PDF
Guidelines for treatment of TB disease. An official statement of the American Thoracic Society, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Infectious Diseases Society of America. MMWR, June 20, 2003,52(RR11); 1-77.
- Tuberculosis and Air Travel Guidelines PDF
Recommendations from the World Health Organization regarding the risk of TB on international flights.
- Updated Guidelines for Using Interferon Gamma Release Assays to Detect Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Infection - United States, 2010 PDF
CDC guidelines. MMWR, June 25, 2010, 59(RR-5); 1-25.
- Updated Guidelines for the Use of Nucleic Acid Amplification Tests in the Diagnosis of Tuberculosis PDF
Note: Guidelines start on page 7. MMWR January 16, 2009, 58(01); 7-10.
Our free newsletter includes monthly disease updates:
Last reviewed on Jun 11, 2019