February Recognized as National Children’s Oral Health Month
This page has been automatically translated from English. MSDH has not reviewed this translation and is not responsible for any inaccuracies.
In recognition of February as National Children’s Oral Health Month, the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) urges parents and other caregivers to teach their children the skills that will protect their teeth and gums for the rest of their lives:
- Brush twice a day and after eating sticky or sweet foods
- Use toothpaste that contains fluoride
- Floss once a day
- Change your toothbrush every three to six months and always after you are sick
- Eat healthy meals and limit in-between snacks
- Don’t use tobacco
- Visit your dentist at least once a year for an annual cleaning and check-up
Receive latest health news from MSDH by e-mail: subscribe today
Press Contact: Liz Sharlot, Carol Jones or Elizabeth Grey, (601) 576-7667.
Subscribe to our free newsletter and health alerts:
Last reviewed on Feb 6, 2009