Family planning and sexual health services are free for men and women with qualifying income who lack medical insurance coverage.
If you're planning to have a child, or trying to stay in your best health until you are ready to start a family, we can help. If you have no other medical coverage that provides basic family planning and reproductive health services, you may qualify to receive free health care.
Who Is Eligible
You're eligible for these free services if:
- You are a man or woman between the ages of 13 and 44.
- You are not currently pregnant.
- You have not had a hysterectomy, tubal ligation, or vasectomy.
- You do not have Medicare, CHIP, or any other health insurance or third party medical coverage.
- Your family income is at or below 194% of the Federal Poverty Level.
Services You Can Receive
- An annual medical exam by a physician. This may include a medical history, height, weight and blood pressure checks, and for women, a Pap smear and clinical breast exam.
- Testing for pregnancy, HIV and sexually-transmitted diseases
- Free prescription for medications to treat a sexually transmitted infection (STI) or sexually transmitted disease (STD)
Birth control and family planning
- Visits to a nurse or doctor related to birth control methods and family planning services
- Free prescription for birth control supplies and contraceptives
- Family planning counseling and education on all birth control methods, including abstinence and natural family planning
- Pre-conception counseling to help plan your next pregnancy
- Laboratory services
- Sterilization, including counseling and education referrals
Benefits of Applying
When you join this Medicaid-supported program, you'll be able to have a child when you're ready, and stay healthy until then, without worrying about unplanned pregnancy.